Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Emergency Room (warning if you don't like blood this will be no fun)


.... I slipped.  That's it. It all happened so fast.  I thought I just banged my shin but when I pulled back I saw this
instantly knew I needed stitches. I tell Luke I might pass out (which I did) and upon waking up he ties it off, I laugh like a crazy person (seriously, I couldn't stop! Is that shock or am I clincally insane?), and we decide it's probably time to hike back and get me some stitches. But first, let's take some pictures!
Smile Luke!

Holes in my leg doesn't spoil my fun

It's me! And the nail that got me.

After about a mile, we got to hitchhike with some friendly locals who took us to a cab.
coolest cab ever btw
Nicaraguan emergency rooms are very different from what i'm used to. First of all it was outdoors and "dirty" by American standards. (Dead bugs, spider webs, dirty mops...)
The room he worked on me in was full of people and there was no sanitary precautions that I am used to seeing. He did his best and I was numb for the first half....not so much the second half. I laughed unbelievably hard (seriously I'm nuts)
The horrible pain!!!
Yup , that's my blood, which they proceeded to leave.

Looks much better right?


Thank you Luke for all the help!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment