Saturday, July 9, 2016

Devils Kettle

         It was described to me as a giant pit in the ground with water flowing into it. I had such high hopes, only to have them crushed. Devil's Kettle is the name of some waterfalls outside Hovland, Minnesota. It is only 50 feet tall, opposed to what they say is giant, but the pool it goes into is unknown how deep. It is a 2.25 mile round trip to see it, and it is a very easy hike. The narrowness of the trail is made up for by the dozens of turn offs so others can get by.

       I tried to find where it is and had a hard time, so I decided to give you directions to this waterfall so you won't have the same problem. Driving from Grand Marais to Hovland, you will turn on the street right after Gauthier Road with a sign (it's small so keep your eyes out) labeled Judge C.R. Magney State Park on the left side of the road. The entrance is only a few dollars for parking and that's it. It wasn't the most wild thing I have ever seen, but it was a nice view. I'd highly recommend bringing a tube to float the river if you choose to visit this site.

No comments:

Post a Comment