Sunday, December 11, 2011

Sun Valley Continued

If you are ever in the Sun Valley/ Hailey area the first (or last depending on where you are coming from or going) place you need to eat at is called the Snow Bunny. It's the best burgers you can find with a super cheap price! Everyone who eats there always seems to be in a great mood so the crowd is nice and they have a fire place ( or pellet stove I can't remember right now) that is so nice in the cold mountain weather!
When I was out exploring the town I dropped by Whiskey Jacques' for a drink. It had a fun atmosphere with a live band and games such as pool, air hockey, foosball, and a couple little racing games that are always fun. If you are ever looking for it the prices weren't bad and it's right on the main drag so you really can't miss it.
Now for dinner this is the place that you really have to check out if you want a local experience! The bartender at the lodge recommended it to us and I'm so glad we went. This place is called Grumpys. It's just a little hole in the wall joint that serves 32 oz beers for dirt cheep and awesome, cheep food for a steal in Sun Valley standards. Or anywhere for that matter. Everyone there seems to know each other and the place is full of atmosphere and character. It's right there on Warm Springs Rd. ( which if you are unfamiliar with the area it's the road that lines up with the main drag and the restaurant that looks like a train car.) and while you're at it if you keep going down Warm Springs Rd might as well keep going and take a soak in Frenchmen's Hotsprings. Just go all the way and you can't miss it ( and it's free!) anyways back to Grumpys I'll post some pictures of the place but you really need to check it out for yourself to know what I mean.
To finish off the night I walked back to my car (another thing I forgot to mention- this is an awesome place to go walking everywhere it's often sunny and everything is nice and close- very fun) and noticed an awesome park I didn't even see in the day time. It has everything you need including; benches, warmth from three nice fires, and clean bathrooms with soap and running water all right there! This is right next door to the Starbucks ( which is also very nice inside) and I love it so much I wish every town had a park like this! I'd spend so much time there. Why invite your friends over to your cramped house when you can be warm in the great outdoors! Well that was all in day one. If you want to know more about how world famous bald mountain was check out my next post and don't forget to look at this days pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment