Friday, June 5, 2015

Houseguests

When you live around nature, you are bound to find nature entering your house. We all expect the occasional mosquito or spider or even ant, but my houseguests have taken on a.... larger form. It began with the chipmunk, the bird, followed by the sneaky squirrel who managed to share a room with me for over a week before I chased him out successfully,  but this latest one was quite a trip. I came out of my room and saw something fly by me. I think "bird?" And walk foreword to investigate where I noticed it landed strange on the doorway down the hall. Now I'm thinking it's done sorry of giant moth,, since I've seen much stranger things.  But no, not a moth either.
As I proceed with caution it swoops away from it's perch and goes twords me, resulting in a scream like a little girl combined with a laugh coming from nearby. Now I realize that noise is coming from me, and this is an adorable little bat. 
I tried to be brave and catch it by myself but I ended out asking for help. When I paged maintenance to ask for help with a bat problem I got the reply "Please tell me your kidding" but in the end the rescue was a success. Dracula is safe and sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment