Saturday, January 2, 2016

Golden Circle of Iceland (Geysers and Waterfalls)


   So we continued along our way to see the original Geyser, you know the one all the other ones are named after. It was full of people!! The original Geyser, doesn't really erupt anymore, but we did get a shot of the still active geyser Strokkur.
 I know people love geysers, and that's why it was so packed, but compared to everything else we saw, it was just ok. I was far more interested in the colors formed on the land around the geysers, they were so intense and beautiful. If anything, it is worth it just to see that.

  Our last stop was the most amazing thing I have ever seen in my life. I have never been around anything so wild, windy, awe inspiring, uncapturable, just ahhhh it made humanity seem so insignificant compared to the raw power and rage of nature. Gullfoss will make you cry. It will make you reevaluate all the time you waste on any pursuits that don't share this beautiful planet with the world. It will make you want to do anything you can to make sure we can make this planet stay as wild and beautiful and I don't even know.... perfect as possible forever. I couldn't even capture of a glimpse of how amazing it is to see this with your own eyes. This was the most unforgettable sight of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment