Saturday, December 26, 2015

Golden Circle of Iceland (volcanos and hotsprings)

    I don't know if you remember how much I love volcanos, but they are so wild and interesting and beautiful to me. So when we were driving the Golden Circle and I saw KeriĆ°, I just had to stop.
    I am so glad we did. It wasn't just the volcano that was just amazing, but it was also the views surrounding it.
    I had a very adventurous group of people with me, consisting of my new friend from couchsurfing, two people I met on the plane, and the brother of my host. I am so grateful for their company because the only thing that made this better then the best views ever, was the company. We blazed our own trail and hiked the ridges of the area and got to see sights that I will never forget.

    As you can see, we ventured far on the windy, and breathtaking ridges. To the right, you will  notice what a beautiful job Iceland is doing with reforestation. What a phenomenal view! Iceland is truly another world.
    Our next stop was Secret Lagoon - Gamla Laugin, that was recommended to us by a shop I stopped at to get a map. It was not a "well kept secret" as a tour bus stopped there when we arrived, but it felt so good on our sore muscles. We felt lucky to have our own car rental from Sad Cars (ironically a happy place that makes lots of us happy), so we could leave to the next destination whenever we wanted.
Special thanks to the guy who took our group photo for this awesome selfie.
Read about our next adventure in the Golden Circle here.

No comments:

Post a Comment