Saturday, December 12, 2015

Cross Country Skiing

     I grew up in Idaho. I have been on skis since I was four years old, but for the past 15 years, I have been an avid snowboarder. I have never tried cross country skiing before, because I had mountains. Cross country skiing is really popular here at Gunflint Lodge, so I just had to give it a try.
     The views were amazing, and the weather was nice.




     As for the skiing itself, I compiled a list of ways to describe it in my opinion.

Cross country skiing is like...

  1. Walking in slippers when you are a little kid
  2. Walking, only faster.....nothing like running
  3. Bowling with bumpers
  4. Riding the elliptical, but outdoors.
     That is the best way I can describe it. Not to say I didn't enjoy the skiing, it is better then just going for a walk because you can cover more area. I would just say it is more like working out, then recreational for me. I kept wanting to go faster, but when hills would come, my "breaks" wouldn't work because the skis are so narrow so I would often tip out of fear. I think my sport is definitely snowboarding.  I will give it a few more shots, maybe it will grow on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment