Saturday, December 19, 2015

Reykjavik Adventures Part One

     Reykjavik is a beautiful city full of adventures and sights I will never forget. It is inspiring in every way and opened me up to a new world.
      I had never traveled alone before and I have no regrets. Europe is amazing and I have met some of the coolest people from all over the world that I never would have gotten to know if it wasn't for  this trip. I hope my pictures in this blog will inspire someone, at least one person to travel and give it a shot as a result. If you are unable to travel for some reason, I hope this gives you a glimpse of the world.

     I got on a website called www.couchsurfing.com for this trip and found my first destination for rooming. I met an amazing Spanish girl and her Icelandic fiancee who were the best hosts I could imagine. I feel that I will have unforgettable memories due to her hospitality. She was having another girl from Taiwan stay with her and we became such good friends. Couchsurfing is such a good place to save some money while making beautiful memories with good people who are locals to the area.


    That massive tower in the picture is the Hallgrímskirkja church. It can be seen anywhere in town and it gives you an amazing view that I highly recommend checking out.


Even the inside is pretty neat to see.
There was a second church we stumbled across that I had to peak inside just because it looked so old in town called Landakotskirkja, built in 1929.


But honestly, just walking the streets was an adventure. More to come about the fun of Reykjavik.

No comments:

Post a Comment