Saturday, February 20, 2016

Iceland's Northern Lights

I saw a lot of tours to see the northern lights. Honestly I think I saw them the best way I could though. Instead of booking a tour and "maybe" seeing them and having to be with a bunch of people I don't know, I chose my own route.
Still using that rental car from the Golden Circle and South Coast days, we chose to go to http://en.vedur.is/weather/forecasts/aurora/ to find the best location to see it and when.  With just a map we bought at the gas station and way too many people in the smallest car you could rent,  we found the perfect spot.
We had an amazing time and I made some great friends that night.

1 comment:

  1. Recently I visited Alaska with Gondwana Ecotours for seeing northern lights. You can also plan your Northern lights trip.

    ReplyDelete