Saturday, April 16, 2016

Cliffs of Mohor Tour

 Ok so before I left Dublin I decided to take a tour to the Cliffs of Mohor via Wild Rover Tours.
 On the way, the bus stopped so we could take a picture of Drimnagh Castle, the only castle left in Ireland that still has a moat. I thought that was nice of them.
 The cliffs of Mohor would have been awesome, unfortunatly, the day was crazy foggy. Sometimes that happens, so you just have to go with the flow. I still walked along the edge and barely saw anything.
 I hiked up to Hag's head anyways.
 Since we couldn't see the cliffs, they let us stop and see the ocean below the fog. I thought that was a nice place to just sit and enjoy the view. If you end out here, please don't spend your whole time taking selfies. It is very embarrassing to the rest of the travelers who want the locals to not be completely annoyed by us.

      The burren is a really cool place that inspired JRR Tolken and CS Lewis to write their books. I would like to come back and hike this whole area to get inspired myself.

 Here you see a famine wall. It is really sad how England was having people build these while they starve to death. They separate nothing and lead nowhere.
 We finished our tour in Galway. It was a nice town to walk around.
 The Quay Street Kitchen was a really cool restaurant with awesome lamb and oysters!

No comments:

Post a Comment