Saturday, April 9, 2016

Ireland- Malahide Castle and Howth

    Malahide Castle was pretty neat. I went there during a dublinsightseeing.ie tour, which was not my favorite of the tours I had been on, mostly because I didn't have much time to see very much because our group was larger and the castle stop was a bit too short. I still enjoyed it, but it was more of a sampler of a tour I would like to go back on my own and really spend time here later.


 I couldn't get over these grounds, if I get to come back I would love to explore this beautiful green area.

        I like that this castle stayed in the same family for so long that it kept to the original house and castle look on the inside. I'd much rather see that than a museum. I liked having the tour guide tell us about it rather then just reading plaques the whole time. They also had audio recordings in other languages.
      This is the oak room. The entire room is made of hand carved oak, there is a secret room in it that does not have a key to it yet so it will be a new discovery once they get it open. The original room was supposed to be made of ivory, but they decided it was too expensive, so they made it oak and painted it white. The smoke from the fireplace discolored the walls and they thought it was way too bright in there so they painted it black. It's a cool room and it smells so good.
This room had millions of dollars of paintings and italian marble in it.

 I so want that tub.
I just thought this looked awesome.
There even was a farewell peacock on the walls.
Howth is a cool fishing village full of neat shops, beautiful views, and delicious food.
This view is like a dream come true. I liked that I booked this tour for the coast part even if the castle part was a bit rushed because this town was the best part.
I had a fun time with my new friends I made on the free walking tour here.

No comments:

Post a Comment