Saturday, April 30, 2016

WWOOFing Ireland

      I wanted to try everything when I traveled. I heard about this idea of WWOOFing and decided to give it a shot. The idea is, you work on these organic farms in exchange for rooming, food, and an opportunity to learn. I loved my experience and I feel like I learned so much about the vegan lifestyle (not all wwoofing farms are vegan, but it will say when you look at the individual page, I just thought I'd like to try it out) and a lot about Ireland and living on a farm. She had the two cutest pigs I have ever seen named Rebekah and Legend. I'm pretty sure they think they are dogs. It absolutely cracked me up. She also had a nice pony named Magic.
    I shared in many duties such as cleaning up equipment for making the place off grid, working on her Eco-friendly fence, helping out with her horticulture studies, and feeding the animals. We took a couple nights off and enjoyed Latin dancing in Kilkenny and we both learned a lot about the lifestyle differences from Europe to North America. You should absolutely check out her blog out at http://healingbyfranc.blogspot.ie and listen to her radio show here to learn more about what she knows. You might learn something!
I'm glad I was able to enjoy this opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment